SI 1.3b7 has been released. Click here to download it.
Here is the huge list of changes:
- si_crucible: A new map full of Quake nostalgia, ideal for small teams.
- si_late: Lots of revisions!
- si_hrim: Lowered the middle of the mid-map, the elevators are now toggled by the buttons
- si_mill: Lots of revisions! Scientists now only spawn on the bottom floor
- si_vestibule: Lots of revisions! Trim on doorways, opened up the main lobby entrance
- si_mesa: Added a map overview image and location markers
Added the Nailgun
- Alternative to Grenades and FEV (tier 2 weapon)
- Primary fire shoots nails that bounce with no friction (wide-angle reflections)
- Secondary fire shoots nails that bounce with high friction, high gravity (tight-angle reflections)
- Nails deal 80 damage
- Fires 3 shots per second
- Holds 5 shots, reloads in 1.5 seconds
- Ideal for clearing out vents and tight hallways. Not so good in open areas.
- Lots of svars to control these in testing:
- ng_time: How long nails fly for before disintegrating (default is 0.8)
- ng_grav: Gravity on secondary fire nails (default is 0.8)
- ng_fric: Friction on secondary fire nails (default is 0.8)
- ng_tt: How long the smoke trail draws for (default is 1)
- ng_s: Size of nails, length of one side of the cube (s x s x s, default is 4)
Added Quad Damage
- Replaces resources (when the svar quadresources is set to 1)
- Lasts 20 seconds
- Respawns in 1 minute. Does not spawn at game start.
- All damage dealt by the player is multiplied by 4 while active
- Official maps with resources: deep, daybreak, green, mercato, turf, overtime, spa…
- A strategic powerup that lets one player stand out, clearing a path for their team
Tau Cannon changes:
- No longer deals splash damage when hitting walls
- Pierces walls, people and other objects over a large distance (set by the svar tau_distance, default is 8192)
- Fixed fake shots when holstering the gun while charging
- Simplified the sounds and visuals to be more reliable
- Primary fire shoots 10 times per second, uses ammo quickly, has very long range and raises efficiency quickly
- Secondary fire is unchanged
Crossbow damage raised from 120 to 125 (this actually matters)
Satchels are now thrown every 2 seconds (slowed from every 1 second)
Reduced the splash radius of rockets, grenades, satchels, teleport grenades
Reduced knockback from weapons globally (controlled by the svar dmg_kb, default is 4)
Added m_raw to control mouse settings.
- Set this to 1 to get the same effect as the launch option -noforcemparms (no acceleration etc).
- Set this to 0 and your mouse settings are unchanged.
- If you had trouble recently with launch options or needed to run the rinput.exe tool, this should be just as effective (with less input lag and less moving parts).
The vote menu can be opened at any time. Your vote can be re-cast before the next tech starts researching.
Dead players are always indicated on the scoreboard (in all game modes)
Overview map now also shows resources, breakables and friendly living scientists
Health kits now add 50% of your maximum health when picked up
Armor kits now add 50% of your maximum armor when picked up
EMP bolts and grenades are now team-coloured
Improved consistency of wall jumping
Fixed zoom being stuck on while dead or spectating
Made radios and tripmines a bit easier to shoot
cl_autorecord now starts a new demo upon startmatch
- No more searching in long demos for the game start time