Sat, Sep 17, 2016
SI 1.3b8 has been released! Click here to download it.
Here is the list of changes:
Fixed Nailgun bleeding on players
Fixed Tau Cannon bugs
- Kickback going in the wrong direction sometimes
- Shots hitting the firing player sometimes
Added svars quadtime and quadrespawn to adjust quad damage resources
- quadtime sets how long a picked-up quad lasts (default 20)
- quadrespawn sets how long it takes a picked-up quad to respawn (default 60)
The teampanel will show teammates who have quad damage with an orange background
Kill notices from quad damage have an orange kill icon
Friendly fire kill notices show the weapon used
Restrict pitch and yaw adjustments (prevents rocketjump/taujump scripting)
Added the svar explosion_dropoff to change how explosions deal damage
- Set this to 1 to make explosions smaller, but more damaging up close
- Set this to 0 to have explosions behave as they used to
Removed a source of randomness in explosion damage
Added the hud_damageindicator cvar. Set this to 1 to disable the damage indicator sprite (or 0 to keep it on).
Sat, Aug 27, 2016
SI 1.3b7 has been released. Click here to download it.
Here is the huge list of changes:
- si_crucible: A new map full of Quake nostalgia, ideal for small teams.
- si_late: Lots of revisions!
- si_hrim: Lowered the middle of the mid-map, the elevators are now toggled by the buttons
- si_mill: Lots of revisions! Scientists now only spawn on the bottom floor
- si_vestibule: Lots of revisions! Trim on doorways, opened up the main lobby entrance
- si_mesa: Added a map overview image and location markers
Added the Nailgun
- Alternative to Grenades and FEV (tier 2 weapon)
- Primary fire shoots nails that bounce with no friction (wide-angle reflections)
- Secondary fire shoots nails that bounce with high friction, high gravity (tight-angle reflections)
- Nails deal 80 damage
- Fires 3 shots per second
- Holds 5 shots, reloads in 1.5 seconds
- Ideal for clearing out vents and tight hallways. Not so good in open areas.
- Lots of svars to control these in testing:
- ng_time: How long nails fly for before disintegrating (default is 0.8)
- ng_grav: Gravity on secondary fire nails (default is 0.8)
- ng_fric: Friction on secondary fire nails (default is 0.8)
- ng_tt: How long the smoke trail draws for (default is 1)
- ng_s: Size of nails, length of one side of the cube (s x s x s, default is 4)
Added Quad Damage
- Replaces resources (when the svar quadresources is set to 1)
- Lasts 20 seconds
- Respawns in 1 minute. Does not spawn at game start.
- All damage dealt by the player is multiplied by 4 while active
- Official maps with resources: deep, daybreak, green, mercato, turf, overtime, spa…
- A strategic powerup that lets one player stand out, clearing a path for their team
Tau Cannon changes:
- No longer deals splash damage when hitting walls
- Pierces walls, people and other objects over a large distance (set by the svar tau_distance, default is 8192)
- Fixed fake shots when holstering the gun while charging
- Simplified the sounds and visuals to be more reliable
- Primary fire shoots 10 times per second, uses ammo quickly, has very long range and raises efficiency quickly
- Secondary fire is unchanged
Crossbow damage raised from 120 to 125 (this actually matters)
Satchels are now thrown every 2 seconds (slowed from every 1 second)
Reduced the splash radius of rockets, grenades, satchels, teleport grenades
Reduced knockback from weapons globally (controlled by the svar dmg_kb, default is 4)
Added m_raw to control mouse settings.
- Set this to 1 to get the same effect as the launch option -noforcemparms (no acceleration etc).
- Set this to 0 and your mouse settings are unchanged.
- If you had trouble recently with launch options or needed to run the rinput.exe tool, this should be just as effective (with less input lag and less moving parts).
The vote menu can be opened at any time. Your vote can be re-cast before the next tech starts researching.
Dead players are always indicated on the scoreboard (in all game modes)
Overview map now also shows resources, breakables and friendly living scientists
Health kits now add 50% of your maximum health when picked up
Armor kits now add 50% of your maximum armor when picked up
EMP bolts and grenades are now team-coloured
Improved consistency of wall jumping
Fixed zoom being stuck on while dead or spectating
Made radios and tripmines a bit easier to shoot
cl_autorecord now starts a new demo upon startmatch
- No more searching in long demos for the game start time
Sun, Jul 10, 2016
SI 1.3b6 has been released. Here is the list of changes:
- si_late: Lots of revisions!
- si_hrim: A few small changes!
- si_mill: Lots of revisions!
- si_vestibule: A work-in-progress revision of si_alley
Research time changes:
- Health regen 1 minute
- Armor regen 1 minute
- Tissue recycling 2 minutes
Scientist knockout and throw changes:
- You can only knock out 1 scientist every 10 seconds
- You can pick up and throw scientists (+attack2 with the briefcase) as often as you want
- default_fov sets your regular FOV angle (e.g. 90 degrees)
- zoom_fov sets your zoom FOV angle (e.g. 70 degrees)
- Zooming is purely clientside
Crossbow refire time reduced to 0.75 seconds
Many improvements to weapon switching delays
+use no longer slows down the player when pressed
FEV Secondary fire poison lasts 6 seconds (same as the adrenaline effect)
EMP can destroy teleport grenades. Teleport grenades cannot be killed otherwise.
Scientists thrown to the Administrator are captured automatically
Dead Scientists now use the player spawn times (4/3/2 seconds depending on Process tech)
Rocket Pistol barrel smoke effect removed
Fixed +attack being stuck on by the scoreboard
Added hud_saytext_volume to adjust the chat beep sound (1.0 is default, set to 0 for blissful silence)
Fixed lots of issues with the spectator view being broken
Wed, May 18, 2016
Made labs a bit easier to defend, improved the conveyer belts, lots of improvements to FPS
- si_hrim: A very good new map by grome!
- si_late: A different take on si_early, with changes to make gameplay faster and more interesting
Radios are brighter
EMP has a kill icon
LCS: dead players are shown with colorized names, instead of dead
Healthkits give 25 hp and Armor Batteries 25 armor
Mindray no longer reveals enemy research
Revised weapon switching:
- If you hold +attack or +attack2 while selecting a weapon, you must release it before you can fire again
Fixed Superjump “head sliding”
Fixed Tau Cannon ‘wall bleeding’ on nukes
Tau Cannon can no longer shoot the sky
Disabled Ocular Implants.
Zoom is available by default, and there are no ranged damage upgrades.
Removed the saytext sound.
GI Destabilizer secondary fire pushes from lower
GI Destabilizer has instant deployment
Made consistency checking more strict: always checks all player and projectile models
Reduced FEV adrenaline time to 6 seconds
New cvars for weapon switching:
- cl_altweapon_backup: set to 1 so you can equip an alt weapon without pushing +altweapon
- cl_altweapon_cycling: set to 1 to enable cycling between a weapon and its alt without pushing +altweapon
Thu, Apr 21, 2016
Click here to visit the SI Steam Group.
Feel free to post on the forum about how much you love the game,
or find out when the next pickup game will be played!
In the pickup games, we use Mumble for voice communication.
Mon, Mar 21, 2016
Click here to download SI.
SI is a Half-Life mod. You need Half-Life installed to play it.
Extract the archive to your Half-Life directory in Steam.
When the mod is installed, your folder structure should look like this:
Sun, Feb 21, 2016
Here are some links to cool streams and videos of SI: